Upcoming Projects Map
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), as part of the I-43 URT (Union Refrigerator Transit Line) project, is reconstructing and re-aligning and lowering the freeway profile of 1.5 miles of I-43, between Capitol Drive and north of Hampton Avenue. This project includes, reconstructing several bridges, adding retaining walls, improving traffic signals, and replacing noise walls within the project limits. For more information, please visit I-43 URT Improvements.
- The following work is scheduled to begin in 2022:
- I-43 between Silver Spring Drive and Capitol Drive reduced to two lanes, in each direction, early spring through late fall
- I-43 SOUTH exit to Green Bay Avenue to close in fall through late 2023
- The following work is scheduled to begin in 2023:
- Green Bay Avenue northbound entrance to I-43 SOUTH to close in fall
- I-43 NORTH exit to Green Bay Avenue/Capitol Drive to close in fall
- I-43 from Capitol Drive to Silver Spring Drive reduced to two lanes, in each direction, early spring through late fall
- Port Washington Road from Glendale Road to Hampton Avenue reduced to one lane early spring.
Please view the I-43 North-South Schedule for the I-43 North-South Project, Silver Spring Drive to WIS 60.
(Currently in the early engineering design phase. Below, video animations present the upcoming improvements).
- Crestwood Ditching Project
Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
- Projected to start March 2023