- Public Works Department
- Upcoming Projects
Upcoming Projects Map
Please view the Glendale Projects Map for upcoming projects in Glendale. We will update the public on projects by posting project links below.
I-43 URT project
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), as part of the I-43 URT (Union Refrigerator Transit Line) project, is reconstructing and re-aligning and lowering the freeway profile of 1.5 miles of I-43, between Capitol Drive and north of Hampton Avenue. This project includes, reconstructing several bridges, adding retaining walls, improving traffic signals, and replacing noise walls within the project limits. For more information, please visit I-43 URT Improvements.
- The following work is scheduled to begin in 2022:
- I-43 between Silver Spring Drive and Capitol Drive reduced to two lanes, in each direction, early spring through late fall
- I-43 SOUTH exit to Green Bay Avenue to close in fall through late 2023
- The following work is scheduled to begin in 2023:
- Green Bay Avenue northbound entrance to I-43 SOUTH to close in fall
- I-43 NORTH exit to Green Bay Avenue/Capitol Drive to close in fall
- I-43 from Capitol Drive to Silver Spring Drive reduced to two lanes, in each direction, early spring through late fall
- Port Washington Road from Glendale Road to Hampton Avenue reduced to one lane early spring.
The I-43 North-South Project located between Silver Spring Drive and WIS 60
Please view the I-43 North-South Schedule for the I-43 North-South Project, Silver Spring Drive to WIS 60.
(Currently in the early engineering design phase. Below, video animations present the upcoming improvements).
- I-43 North-South Freeway Corridor Study - South End Modernization
An animation for the proposed modernization to six lanes on Interstate Highway 43 from north of Bender Road to north of the Good Hope Road interchange.
- I-43 North-South Freeway Corridor Study - North Port Washington Road
A driver’s animated perspective traveling northbound on the proposed North Port Washington Road.
- I-43 North-South Freeway Corridor - Jean Nicolet Road
A driver’s animated perspective traveling north bound on the proposed Jean Nicolet Road.
- The 2023 Glendale Ditching project will consist of shaping and regrading of the existing ditches to improve drainage in the Bender neighborhood. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- The 2023 Sidewalk Program will consist of replacing deficient sidewalk squares within the Crestwood Subdivision as well as along Silver Spring. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- The 2023 Miscellaneous Pavement Program will consist of improving various pavement areas throughout the City. The following areas are expected to have a variety of improvements such as curb repairs, pavement patching, and pavement overlays. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- The 2023 Traffic Calming project will consist of traffic calming and safety improvements to be installed within 4 intersections in the southern side of the City. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Utility Construction Schedule:
Below is brief summary of what to expect in the upcoming weeks for construction work occurring along Port Washington Rd and Jean Nicolet Rd.
Wisconsin DOT I43 North-South Project
Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
WIS 57 and CTH PP Good Hope Road Limits Intersection
- Construction Start Notice
- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will begin construction of safety improvements at the intersection of WIS 57 (N. Green Bay Rd.) and County PP (Good Hope Rd.) the week of May 1st. Through access will be maintained on both WIS 57 and County PP. Right turns for public traffic will be restricted Northbound and Southbound on Green Bay Road through early June with detours for turning traffic posted along Mill Road and 43rd Street. All intersection turning movements can be accommodated for emergency vehicle access to/from Good Hope Road and Green Bay Road. Construction is scheduled to be complete in mid-September.