Brush and Yard Waste Collection
You must have your brush and yard waste out by Monday at 7:00 a.m. on your collection week. Brush and yard waste collection will be done throughout your collection week, but we can not guarantee pick-up if placed out after 7:00 a.m. on Monday. Collection begins April 1 for A week and April 8 for B week.
Advanced Disposal Services (the City's refuse collector) will collect brush and yard waste on your collection week starting the week of April 1 and ending the week of November 18, 2019. Residents do not have to call in and are not charged for the brush and yard waste collection during this period. Residents with questions about the program may contact Advanced Disposal Services Customer Service at their toll free number 1-262-679-0860.
Yard waste ProgramYard waste includes leaves, garden debris and small twigs. NO GRASS CLIPPINGS will be collected. Residents are encouraged to use mulching mowers or compost their own grass clippings.
- Yard waste materials must be placed in either cans clearly marked with the words "Yard Waste" in two locations, or in 30-gallon paper yard waste bags which are available in local hardware stores. Plastic bags will not be accepted.
- The weight limit of each container must not exceed 50 pounds, or the materials will not be collected.
- Yard waste mixed with trash will be rejected.
- Yard waste containers must be placed at the normal garbage collection point, off the road pavement, by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your collection week day.
- Yard waste SHALL NOT be placed on cul-de-sac islands, city-owned lots, school property, boulevards or at the end of "dead end" or "no outlet" alleys.
Brush Collection ProgramThe City's brush collection program is not a tree removal service. Residents can place approximately 3 to 4 cubic yards of brush at the curb for pick-up. Brush includes tree limbs, bush and hedge trimmings.
- Acceptable brush sizes shall be less than four inches (4") in diameter and four feet (4') in length.
- Pile brush neatly (not tangled) in one direction with cut ends facing the street or alley. Brush considered unsuitably stacked will not be collected.
- Brush must be placed at the edge of the street, curb or alley (the same location as garbage pick-up) abutting your property only, no extending onto pavement, by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your collection week.
- Brush SHALL NOT be placed on cul-de-sac islands, city-owned lots, school property, boulevards or at the end of "dead end" or "no outlet" alleys.
- The following materials WILL NOT be collected: stumps; root systems or parts of roots attached to brush; brush mixed with garden debris; brush generated from site clearing activities; materials resulting from tree pruning or removal at an address other than the collection point; and tree branches greater than 4" in diameter and 4' in length.
How can residents dispose of tree branches and logs greater than 4" in diameter?
- Offer to friends and neighbors for firewood.
- Put a "Free Wood" sign on the pile (maximum size of sign cannot exceed 4 square feet).
- Contract with a private tree contractor.
- Request a City of Glendale DPW pick-up at a charge of $65 per man per hour plus a $50 per ton landfill fee.
How can residents dispose of stumps?
- Hire a private tree contractor to grind the stump.