1. Do I need a permit?
    1. This quick alphabetical reference guide will help you determine if a permit is required for a specific project.
  2. How do I dispose of paint cans?
    1. There are different ways depending on the type of paint. Click here for more information.
  3. Who do I call for information?
    1. Check this list of quick reference telephone numbers.
  4. How can I reserve a picnic site or use of the pavilion at Kletzsch Park?
    1. You can reserve a picnic site or use of the Pavilion at Kletzsch Park by calling the Milwaukee County Parks Department at (414) 257-8005.
  5. Do I need a bicycle license?
    1. Yes. City of Glendale Ordinance provides that any bicycle ridden on the street is to be licensed. Licenses are available at the Glendale Police Department and sell for a fee of $10.00. This license is PERMANENT.
  6. When will my tax bill be mailed?
    1. Tax bills are usually mailed the first week in December.
  7. Why don't I have the lottery credit on my property tax bill?
    1. Check the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website.
  8. Where do I report a street light out?
    1. If a street or area light-maintained by WE Energies is not functioning correctly, please notify WE Energies any time by calling 800-242-9137 or using the online form.
  9. Where do I report a traffic signal out?
    1. Call the Department of Public Works at (414) 228-1745.
  10. Where do I report a power outage?
    1. Call WE Energies at (800) 662-4797.
  11. Who do I call to report a gas leak?
    1. Call WE Energies at (800) 261-5325.
  12. Who do I call if my garbage was not picked up?
    1. Call Advanced Disposal Services at (262) 679-0860.
  13. How do I replace my recycle bin?
    1. You may purchase a recycle bin at either City Hall or City Services. The cost is $12.00.
  14. Who do I call to request a special garbage pick-up?
    1. Call Advanced Disposal Services at (262) 679-0860.
  15. Do I need a permit to re-roof my house?
    1. Yes. Please contact the Building Inspection Department at (414) 228-1708.
  16. Do I need a permit to park on the street overnight?
    1. Yes. The permit is valid from April 1st through November 30th of any given year. An annual fee of $20.00 will be charged for each permit which must accompany the application. Click here for more information and the application form.
  17. Who do I call for general zoning questions?
    1. Todd Stuebe, (414) 228-1704
  18. Who do I call for floodplain related questions?
    1. Collin Johnson, (414) 228-1711
  19. Do I need a fence permit to construct or replace a fence?
    1. A fence permit is required if the fence height is greater than 3.5 feet.
  20. Who do I call for fence or deck permit assistance?
    1. Todd Stuebe, (414) 228-1704
  21. How do I obtain a site plan for my property?
    1. First check your property file in City Hall.
      OR use Milwaukee County's Interactive Mapping Service.